Kicking Off a Week of Caring with Tarrant Area Food Bank
Tarrant Area Food Bank (TAFB) kicks off its Happy Healthy Holiday season today with Mega Mobile Market events scheduled over the next month. Select distributions will have either turkeys or chickens to distribute and all the Thanksgiving sides, from our partners Albertsons/Tom Thumb to provide to families in need.
Two large scale distributions of Thanksgiving meals will be provided for families at locations in Fort Worth considered high need zip codes of 76104 and 76107 and at our annual AT&T Stadium pre-Thanksgiving distribution. These Mega Mobile Market events will be hosted in partnership with local Fort Worth charity, The Big Good, led by Legendary college Football Coach, Gary Patterson, and Grammy Award-winning recording artist, and Fort Worth native, Leon Bridges. In partnership with MW Cares Foundation and through a generous donation by the charity, TAFB will having Thanksgiving turkeys and chickens to hand out and some of the week-long events.
“The Tarrant Area Food Bank has formed critical partnerships with organizations who have a vested interest in the Fort Worth, Arlington and surrounding communities, to ensure no family goes hungry this Thanksgiving” said Julie Butner, President and CEO, Tarrant Area Food Bank, “Coach Patterson, Leon Bridges and The Big Good charity are such an important part of our community and together, we will make a positive impact on families this Holiday season, as well as our grocery partners Albertsons/Tom Thumb”.
As inflation to make spending choices difficult for those in need this holiday season, many families are unsure of where their next meal will come from. Food insecurity is still an issue that many in the Tarrant Area are facing this holiday season. TAFB realizes this need and with the partners listed above, have strategically prepared these distributions to ensure families are able to provide a healthy Thanksgiving meal for their loved ones.
To further support the events during the week of November 14th, the Tarrant Area Food Bank employees will all be volunteering throughout the week in what they are calling a “Week of Caring”. Each day employees from the company will be giving hours of their time to volunteer at both the Distribution Center, Gardens, Partner Agency mobile events and at our satellite facility at TAFB West in Parker County.
“We look forward to this every year and are excited to see our efforts continue to grow,” said Gary Patterson. “Leon and I are beyond grateful for all of our community partners and volunteers who make this such a success. This makes such a difference for our community, and we are blessed to be a part of it.”
“MW Cares and The Big Good are glad to assist the community with our 3rd annual Big Give event. Having the Tarrant Area Food Bank as a major partner again this year, allows us to expand our reach and to aid more families”, said Mitchell Ward, CEO MW Logistics and Founder of MW Cares Foundation. “We are grateful for all that have donated their time and resources this year to The Big Give event.”
Thanksgiving Mobile events include:
- Wednesday, November 16 (HOMELESS VETERANS ONLY), TAFB will have a table to hand out food and registering people for SNAP benefits to Homeless Veterans in need at the Homeless Veterans Stand Down Distribution at Resource Connection Gym at 2300 Circle Drive in Fort Worth, 76119. The event is from 9a-1p.
- Thursday, November 17, Annual Mega Mobile Market event at AT&T Stadium, presented in partnership with the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic, AT&T Stadium, Dallas Cowboys, American Airlines and Arlington Police and Fire departments, MW Cares Foundation and The Big Good charity from 8:00 a.m. to Noon
- Friday, November 18, the Como Community Center will host an event beginning qat 9a for Como Neighbors in need at 4660 Home Street in Fort Worth, 76107.
- Saturday, November 19, Bishop Michael E. and First Lady Jana K. Williams present the Turkey Giveaway Thanksgiving Distribution to be held at 1911 Yuma in Fort Worth beginning at 8 am until Noon.
- Monday, November 21, Harvesting In Mansfield(HIM) will host a distribution from 6:30-8:30p at 150 S.6th in Mansfield.
Mega Mobile Markets are designed to serve all residents in Tarrant Area Food Bank’s service area who need food assistance. No identification or documentation is required. All are welcome to receive food at these Happy Healthy Holiday markets.
The Holiday mobile food distribution events continue into December:
- Tuesday, December 13, a Holiday Mega Mobile Market will be hosted at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington from 9a-11a.
More details will be communicated closer to the scheduled mega mobile distribution dates. Tarrant Area Food Bank is committed to ensuring families in need throughout their 13-county service area have access to nutritious food this Holiday season. TAFB need volunteers to assist at these Mega Mobile distributions, sign up to volunteer at tafb.galaxydigital.com