As Determined by TWM: North Texas Pumpkin Patches
As it’s October, lots of members of the Tanglewood Moms group on Facebook have been asking for recommendations for pumpkin patches. After all, there are few things cuter than little boos and ghouls running through a pumpkin patch, right?
We’ve gathered all the recommendations here, along with a couple we particularly enjoy, so be sure to print this list out and check them out as you go. Oh, and be sure to let us know your favorite down in the comments!
Please note, this list is for pumpkin patches that have activities other than just pumpkins.
- Mainstay Farm, Cleburne
- Hall’s Pumpkin Farm, Grapevine
- Autumn at the Arboretum: A Fall Fairy Tale, Dallas
- Shadow Creek Pumpkin Farm, Midlothian
- The Shops at Clearfork Pumpkin Patch
- Pumpkinfest, Grapevine
- Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch, Flower Mound
- Lone Star Family Farm and Corn Maze, Stephenville
- Sunset Hill Tree Farm, Alvarado
- Pumpkin Patch Festival at Team Family Farms, Aubrey
- Pumpkin Patch at the Dallas Farmers Market, Dallas
- Cobbins Family Pumpkin Patch, Sanger
- Frisco Pumpkins on the Prairie, Frisco
- Pumpkin Nights, Arlington
- Storybook Ranch Pumpkin Patch, McKinney
- Big Orange Pumpkin Farm at Preston Trail Farm (with a petting zoo!), Gunter
(I have to be honest with you. As I’ve been researching and writing this article, I’ve had XTC’s “The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead” running though my head, alternating with Crash Test Dummies’ cover version. I can’t decide which is better… Let me know what you think in the comments!)