Celebrate Hispanic Heritage in the Garden
The Fort Worth Botanic Garden invites guests to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month Sept. 15 to Oct. 15 during ¡Celebramos!, a series of events in the Garden celebrating Hispanic culture.
“This year ¡Celebramos! offers new additions to the lineup following last year’s successful inaugural series,” said CEO and President Patrick Newman. “Celebrating the rich heritage of one of our many diverse communities is a reinforcement of our commitment to serve and be welcoming to all.”
When entering the Garden during Hispanic Heritage Month, guests will be greeted by a colorful art display, turning the Leonard Courtyard into the Garden’s own version of Frida Kahlo’s La Casa Azul in Mexico City. The final ¡Celebramos! event will be an evening for adults. “An Evening at Casa Azul” will feature food, drinks and music. See event listing below for more events and for more details visit fwbg.org/celebramos.
- Learn About La Herbolaria with Fort Worth Blue Zones— Sept. 17, 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Quinceañera Community Celebration— Sept. 17, 4 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Mariposa Market— Sept. 24, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sept. 25, 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Latin American Walking Parade & Festival— Sept. 24, 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Día de la Familia— Oct. 1, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Family Movie Night, Featuring Disney’s Encanto— Oct. 1, 8 p.m.
- Lunchtime Lecture Series: Caribbean Urban Ethnobotanies in New York City, 4, 12 p.m.
- Blessing of the Animals— Oct. 4, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Fort Worth Opera Presents “¡Bienvenidos!” — Oct. 8, 2 p.m.
- Fort Worth Opera Presents “¡Bienvenidos!” — Oct. 15, 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- An Evening at Casa Azul— Oct. 15, 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Guests are encouraged to become members to receive special discounts throughout the event series. Visit fwbg.org/membership to join today.