The Carter Re-Opens Its Doors
Welcome back to the Carter!
In close collaboration with peer institutions and following the recommendations of health and safety officials nationwide, the Carter will be reopening to the public on Friday, June 19, with limited capacity and new safety measures. Carter members will have special early access June 16 through 18!
Things to know before you arrive
- Face masks are required: All visitors, members, and staff must wear a face mask while in the museum. Visitors who are not willing to wear masks will not be admitted.
- Visit later if you have symptoms: Anyone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (including fever, cough, chills, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath, or loss of taste/smell) is asked to please refrain from visiting until you are symptom-free.
- Social Distancing Required: Please practice social distancing and remain six feet away from anyone who is not in your household.
- Bag Check Closed: Please leave large bags (over 11 x 15 inches) behind. Soft front-facing carriers and strollers are allowed, but backpacks are not permitted in the museum galleries.
- No food/beverages: The Carter’s dining options and water fountains are currently closed. Please do not bring food or beverages into the museum.
- Hand Sanitizing Stations Available: The Carter has implemented a series of new sanitation and cleaning procedures, and hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the museum.
Capacity will be limited to 50% in accordance with state and city guidelines. Interactive gallery elements have been removed, and maps and guides are available online for access through your personal devices.
Please visit the Carter’s website to learn more about the new safety measures and to plan your visit.