Making the Most Merry: Central Market’s Holiday Express Meals
This year — more than ever – people are looking for an easy, stress-free holiday season. Central Market is offering three easy ways to shop this holiday season:
1.) Shop the store: Social distancing measures will be in place. Central Market recommends shopping early to avoid holiday crowds.
2.) Curbside or delivery: For the first time, Central Market’s Curbside pickup and delivery services will be available during the holiday. For these services, log onto www.centralmarket.com/shop.
3.) Holiday Meals Express: Central Market is offering four chef prepared meals this year, plus a curated assortment of mains, side dishes and desserts. To order, log onto www.centralmarket.com/holiday.
Deadline to order for Christmas Eve is December 22 at noon.
- All-natural Oven-roasted Turkey Dinner with savory cornbread dressing, green beans with toasted almonds, holiday whipped Russet potatoes, turkey gravy, cranberry sauce and Brioche rolls, $139.99, serves 6 to 8 people.
o For a smaller crowd, $99.99, serves 4 to 6 people.
- Apricot Ginger Glazed Ham Dinner: Hickory-smoked, spiral-sliced bone-in ham with apricot ginger glaze, savory cornbread dressing, green beans with toasted almonds, holiday whipped sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and Brioche rolls, $149.99, serves 6 to 8 people.
- Herb-encrusted Beef Tenderloin Dinner with herb au jus, jalapeño pecan dressing, green beans with toasted almonds, holiday whipped Russet potatoes and Brioche rolls, $249.99, serves 6 to 8 people.
In addition, proteins can be ordered à la carte along with these side dishes: apple, walnut and coastal cheddar salad; butternut squash bisque; savory cornbread dressing; jalapeño pecan dressing; Italian sausage bread stuffing; green beans with toasted almonds; oven-roasted vegetables; roasted brussels sprouts; macaroni and cheese; holiday whipped sweet potatoes; holiday whipped Russet potatoes; cranberry sauce with orange and ginger, turkey gravy and tamales (beef and pork; bean and cheese; and chicken and tomatillo).
And back by popular demand, seven varieties of holiday pies including: Four Seasons pie; Freestone Peach pie; traditional apple pie, traditional cherry pie; pecan pie; and pumpkin chiffon pie.
Central Market also offers a special catering menu to celebrate Hanukkah. To place orders, simply call catering or stop by the catering desk at your favorite Central Market store.
- Hanukkah Dinner: Apple, walnut and coastal cheese salad, braised brisket, green beans with toasted almonds, holiday whipped Russet potatoes and Brioche rolls, $129.99, serves 6 to 8 people.
- Hanukkah Brunch: Egg casserole with smoked salmon and potatoes, Challah loaf, fresh mixed berries, and cold-pressed orange juice, $39.99, serves 4 to 6 people.
À la carte options include egg casserole with smoked salmon and potatoes, braised brisket, Harissa chicken, apricot chicken, roasted salmon with fennel and onion, Central Market signature chicken soup, traditional chopped chicken liver, fresh applesauce, classic baked brie, apple, walnut and coastal cheddar salad, kale salad with apples and candied pecans, traditional potato latkes, sweet potato latkes with ginger, cheese blintzes, holiday whipped Russet potatoes, traditional noodle Kugel, green beans with toasted almonds, grilled asparagus and over-roasted dill carrots.
Central Market will also offer expanded holiday store hours: Friday, Dec. 18 through Wednesday, Dec. 23, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Thursday, Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve), 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday, Dec. 25 (Christmas Day) closed.
Curbside and delivery will be available until 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve, closed on Christmas Day and will be available again starting Saturday, Dec. 26 at 10 a.m.
Lastly, Central Market offers these 2020 shopping tips:
- Plan ahead: create a shopping list
- Shop early: Sunday, Monday and Tuesday before Christmas
- Shop evenings: Typically, the hours of 6 to 10 p.m. are less crowded
- Shop small: Limit to 2 shoppers per trip to help with crowds