Summertime means sno cones, sandals, and beach reads.
I love beach reads. Don’t get me wrong. I love a deep dive into an obscure corner of history or a learned dissection of a thorny social issue. But summer, with its heat and humidity, calls for something lighter. Something that doesn’t need quite so much work to enjoy. However, that doesn’t mean that beach reads are poorly written, cotton candy fluff. They just aren’t so weighty.
So I’ve gathered the beach reads of 2023 that are on my To Be Read List. If you have read any of them, be sure to leave a comment below saying how you liked them!
- Pieces of Blue by Holly Goldberg Sloan
- Happy Place by Emily Henry
- Honey, Baby, Mine: A Mother and Daughter Talk Life, Death, Love (and Banana Pudding) by Laura Dern and Diane Ladd
- Quietly Hostile: Essays by Samantha Irby
- August Blue by Deborah Levy
- The Collected Regrets of Clover by Mikki Brammer
- Bad Summer People by Emma Rosenblum
- The Beach at Summerly by Beatriz Williams
- Hula by Jasmin ‘Iolani Hakes
- The House in the Pines by Ana Reyes
- The Secret Life of Sunflowers by Dana Marton writing as Marta Molnar
- The Paris Daughter by Kristen Harmel
Don’t forget to tell us what you think of the list and your reviews of any of the books listed above!