Central Market is celebrating its 28th annual Hatch Chile Festival from August 2 — 22. Central Market will feature fresh Hatch Chiles in everything from pork chops to pound cakes! World-famous Hatch Chiles are known for the smoky flavor they get from the hot days and cool nights in Hatch Valley, New Mexico.
Be sure to attend our special FREE Catch Hatch tasting event on Saturday, August 12 from 2 to 6 p.m. All locations will host the event, and participants are asked to pre-register on the Cooking School page at: centralmarket.com. Sample your way through a variety of tasting stations featuring Hatch-Marinated Sirloin, Hatch Crab Cakes, Hatch Guacamole, Hatch Cheddar Biscuits, Hatch Chocolate, and chile-complementing wines. In addition to sampling bites throughout the store, each registered attendee will receive a $10 coupon to use that evening to pick up their favorite Hatch-packed products.
Central Market Partners have more than 120 years of combined Hatch-roasting experience, ensuring that you get the best roasted peppers outside of New Mexico. Each August, we truck in more than 125 tons of peppers from Hatch, New Mexico and we freshly roast peppers daily outside each of our stores. Remember, Hatch peppers are only around for a few short weeks so this is your chance to stock up — roasted peppers are easily kept in the freezer!
Find These New Hatch-Filled Products in Stores This Year:
In Market and Seafood:
- Bourbon Hatch Burgers – These beefy burgers are made with our natural Black Angus beef and Hatch chiles in-house daily! The sweetness of bourbon sauce blends with peppery heat for a perfectly balanced flavor.
- Maryland-Style Hatch Crab Cakes – Each is bursting with fresh blue crabmeat and Hatch peppers.
- Crab-Stuffed Hatch Peppers – Try our delectable crab stuffing packed into a fresh Hatch pepper.
- Hatch Pepper Inspired Signature Bouquets – Add a touch of New Mexico’s aesthetic with beautiful bouquet assortments in shades of hot reds, energetic oranges, and vibrant yellows.
- Hatch Pepper Ristras – These edible chile ristras not only symbolize welcome but are also essential ingredients in red chile sauces and various dishes in New Mexico.
- Hatch Pepper Plants – Take home large green hatch peppers and enjoy them roasted, toasted, peeled, or diced in every dish.
In Specialty Foods:
- Pairing Salts Kettle-Cooked Hatch Chile & Tamarind Potato Chips – A minority and women-owned business introduces us to our new favorite snack. These chips have a subtle flavor that gradually builds into the perfect balance of smoky and spicy heat.
- Goodles Down the Hatch Mac – The hottest mac and cheese brand just got hotter. This chile-popper inspired mac is the perfect combination of toasty, tangy, and creamy.
- Smaak Hatch Chili Hot Sauces – This strikes the perfect balance between heat and sweetness, and can enhance the flavor of soups, stews, stuffed peppers, and is versatile enough to fire up a variety of dishes.
- Three Sisters Kitchen Green Chile, Apple, Date Granola –A New Mexico nonprofit created this granola that features a blend of tart dried apples and sweet dates that’s elevated by Hatch chiles.
In Dairy and Frozen:
- Young Guns Chunky Green Chile Guacamole – This hand-scooped guacamole is produced in Hatch Valley, the same area in New Mexico that’s credited with producing the best chiles.
- Mame’s Burritos – Snag a Hatch burrito made with handcrafted ingredients including real aged cheese and antibiotic-free chicken. The Colorado-based family business started out as a food truck.
- Empty Bowl Hatch Chile Queso – Carefully selected Wisconsin cheese and New Mexico Hatch chiles give this queso a smooth and creamy consistency and the perfect balance of heat with cheesy flavor. Produced by a family-owned business in Wisconsin.
- Stinkin’ Good Green Chile Sauces – David Blood, a former restaurateur, and Mark Schlereth, a three-time Super Bowl champion, teamed up to create these sauces based on a family recipe. They’re available in three different spice levels, as well as pork, chicken, or queso varieties.
In Wine & Beer:
- Braai Pinotage and Cabernet Sauvignon – These classic South African wines complement a summer evening of socializing and preparing meats over the flame. Made by celebrated winemaker Bruwer Raats.
- Terre Brûlée Chenin Blanc – Winemaker Vincent Careme of the Loire Valley brings his expertise from France to the Swartland region of South Africa. This wine has been awarded 90 points by Wine Spectator and is known for its complex flavor with hints of white fruit and a long-lasting finish.
- GVLTAT Gruner Veltliner – This wine hails from the Weinviertel region in Austria and is known for its light, crisp taste. Notes of citrus zest makes it an ideal match for spice and heat.
- Famille Sumeire “M” IGP Rosé – This pale pink Rosé comes from the French Mediterranean coast, just outside of Provence. This summer sipper features notes of apricot and peach with a long finish.
In Deli & Cheese
- Idyll Farms Hatch Chili Billy – A spreadable fresh “G.O.A.T.” cheese from their own herd of Alpine goats grazing on Michigan’s Great Lakes pastures. The cheese’s fresh, lactic, citrusy tang combines superbly with the slow burn of Hatch peppers.
- Marieke Gouda Hatch Pepper Cheese Spread – Raw milk farmstead gouda serves as the base of this rich and creamy spread that’s spiked with flavorful Hatch peppers.
In Chef Prepared:
- Hatch Pepper and Brisket Roasted Corn Dip – Heat and serve our signature cheesy corn dip packed with Hatch and poblano peppers, tomatoes, and jalapeños, and topped with hearty brisket, more Hatch, cotija cheese, and fresh cilantro.
- Brisket and Hatch Quesadillas – Savory slow-roasted brisket is mixed with Hatch Chiles and a combination of cheeses.
- Penne Pasta with Shrimp in Hatch Sauce Casserole – Roasted shrimp is tossed in Hatch chile sauce, tossed with penne pasta, then topped with Cotija cheese and cilantro.
- Toasted Hatch Rolls – Each roll begins with a savory and buttery bread dough that’s studded with diced hot roasted Hatch peppers. They’re the perfect complement to any Hatch-filled meal.
- Strawberry & Hatch Margarita Mix – Just add your favorite spirit or sparkling water and toast to this sweet and spicy duo.
We’ve got even more in stores — we’re welcoming the return of all our infamous Hatch-y favorites and much more!